1. Renaming of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP):
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has been renamed as the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
2. Next Ambassador of India:
Sanjiv Ranjan has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Colombia.
3. A new High Court for Andhra Pradesh:
The Andhra Pradesh High Court’s new building at Amaravati was inaugurated by the Chief Justice of India, Ranjan Gogoi. The two-storied building is located at Nelapadu in Amaravati region and has 16 court halls and the building costing Rs 150 Crore houses a 2.70 lakh square feet office space.
3. The National Human Rights Commission has issued notice to Uttar Pradesh government:
The National Human Rights Commission has issued notice to Uttar Pradesh government over reported death of three labourers and injury to two others due to electrocution in Bareilly district. It has asked a detailed report in the state government within four weeks in the matter along with the relief and rehabilitation to be provided if not already provided.
4. U.S. President Donald Trump nominated for secretary
U.S. President Donald Trump nominated the secretary of the Department of Interior David Bernhardt to lead the Department.
5. LPG Summit was inaugurated by Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas:
The second edition of the Asia LPG Summit was inaugurated by Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas at New Delhi. The two-day summit with the theme…
6. In agriculture Census, the operational holdings are categorised:
In agriculture Census, the operational holdings are categorised in five size classes as shown below:
Marginal: Below 1.00 hectare
Small: 1.00-2.00 hectare.
Semi- Medium: 2.00-4.00 hectare.
Medium: 4.00-10.00 hectare.
Large: 10.00 hectare and above…
7. The Dubai International Airport (DXB) has been named as the world’s busiest airport:
The Dubai International Airport (DXB) has been named as the world’s busiest airport for international passengers for the fifth consecutive year. The UAE’s aviation sector’s contribution to the country’s economy also grows steadily. Dubai became the world’s busiest airport for international passenger traffic in 2014 when it overtook London’s Heathrow Airport.
8. English has been ranked:
English has been ranked first in the top 10 most powerful languages in the world according to the 2016 World Power Language Index (PLI).
9. The ICICI Bank has decided to terminate:
The ICICI Bank has decided to terminate the contract of former MD and CEO, Chanda Kochhar. Ms. Kochhar, who assumed charge as MD and CEO on May 1, 2009, resigned in October last year.
10. IAI announced agreement with Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard:
Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) announced entering into agreements worth $93 million for providing Naval Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missile (MRSAM) systems to India. The contracts for the air defence system were entered with the Indian Navy and the Cochin Shipyard.