Drive SnapShot is an application that allows users to take a snapshot of all data present on their computer, and save it to the hard drive in one single file. If something unexpected happens to your computer like a hard disk crash, getting a virus that cannot be removed with an antivirus and so on, you can restore everything to the way it was in just a matter of minutes.
The tool will not only save files that you have created like Word documents, pictures and movies, but also your operating system, all installed programs, data and security attributes. And probably the most impressive feature is that you can do all this while Windows is running and you continue to work.
This software tool enables you to save all your data quite often, so that you can prevent loss of important information. In order to backup, you can use any device suitable for file storage like your local drive, a network drive, any removable drive or cloud storage.
You have to keep in mind that the speed at which you are able to create a backup will depend mostly on the amount of information you are trying to save and your computer’s performance. This means that saving everything you have may take anything from a few minutes to a few hours.
The interface of this program is very simple and intuitive, yet slightly outdated. It contains just a few buttons and a pane to display detected drives and therefore, any type of user will be able to work their way around this app.
To sum up, Portable Drive Snapshot is a helpful piece of software when it comes to creating a backup for all information on your PC. It has a good response time and a simple-to-use environment. CPU and memory usage might be, at times, a bit high, yet this is to be expected from this type of tool.
Features of Drive SnapShot Portable Full
- Create Disk Image Backups, while running Windows
- There is no restart (to DOS) necessary. Never.
- Continue your work, while the Backup is in progress
- The new Snapshot technology ensures, that all data are consistent, and reflect the PC’s data at the start of backup. There are no difficulties with opened files. Never.
- This enables a very fast and easy way to backup servers and other computers, that must run 24 hours a day.
- Easy Use and Restore of single Files or directories
- “Drive Snapshot” creates a virtual drive, containing all your drives data. You may use, compare, or restore these files directly from the Disk Image file.
- This works with any program of your choice, including (of course) the Windows Explorer
- Complete Restore of a disk in case of Disaster
- If a disk is restored to it’s original state, it will be exactly the same as at the time of Backup – byte for byte.
- Restoring a system partition will require DOS; other drives can be restored using Windows
- Compatible to all Windows file systems (FAT16, FAT32, NTFS)
- Compatible to all Windows RAID Methods
- Very easy and comprehensive command line interface
- This makes automation of regular tasks a breeze.