You can download ElcomSoft iOS Forensic Toolkit from our software library for free. Forensic Toolkit for ios Perform physical and logical acquisition of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. Image device file system, extract device secrets (passwords, encryption keys and protected data) and decrypt the file system image.
- Physical acquisition for 64-bit iOS devices via jailbreak
- Logical acquisition extracts backups, crash logs, media and shared files
- Unlocks iOS devices with pairing records (lockdown files)
- Extracts and decrypts protected keychain items
- Real-time file system acquisition
- Automatically disables screen lock for smooth, uninterrupted acquisition
Features of ElcomSoft iOS Forensic Toolkit Full
Enhanced Forensic Access to iPhone/iPad/iPod Devices running Apple iOS
- Perform the complete forensic acquisition of user data stored in iPhone/iPad/iPod devices. Elcomsoft iOS Forensic Toolkit allows imaging devices’ file systems, extracting device secrets (passcodes, passwords, and encryption keys) and decrypting the file system image. Access to most information is provided instantly. Please note that some models require jailbreaking. See Compatible Devices and Platforms for details.
Physical Acquisition of iOS Devices
- Physical acquisition is the only acquisition method to extract full application data, protected keychain items, downloaded messages and location history. Physical acquisition returns more information compared to logical acquisition due to direct low-level access to data. Elcomsoft iOS Forensic Toolkit supports jailbroken 64-bit devices (iPhone 5s and newer) running most versions of iOS 7 through 12.
Logical Acquisition with Keychain Extraction
- iOS Forensic Toolkit supports logical acquisition, a simpler and safer acquisition method compared to physical. Logical acquisition produces a standard iTunes-style backup of information stored in the device. While logical acquisition returns less information than physical, experts are recommended to create a logical backup of the device before attempting more invasive acquisition techniques.
- Logical acquisition with iOS Forensic Toolkit is the only acquisition methods allowing access to encrypted keychain items. Logical acquisition should be used in combination with physical for extracting all possible types of evidence.
Media and Shared Files Extraction
- iOS Forensic Toolkit offers the ability to quickly extract media files such as Camera Roll, books, voice recordings, and iTunes media library. As opposed to creating a local backup, which could be a potentially lengthy operation, media extraction works quickly and easily on all supported devices. Extraction from locked devices is possible by using a pairing record (lockdown file).
- In addition to media files, iOS Forensic Toolkit can extract stored files of multiple apps, extracting crucial evidence from 32-bit and 64-bit devices without a jailbreak. While access to app data without a jailbreak is limited, this new technique allows extracting Adobe Reader and Microsoft Office locally stored documents, MiniKeePass password database, and a lot more. The extraction requires an unlocked device or a non-expired lockdown record. If a lockdown record is used, some files may not be accessible unless the lock screen passcode is removed.
- Perform physical and logical acquisition of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. Image device file system, extract device secrets (passwords, encryption keys and protected data) and decrypt the file system image.
All Features and Benefits
- Physical Acquisition for 32-bit and 64-bit iOS Devices
- Logical Acquisition with Lockdown Support and Keychain Extraction
- Access More Information than Available in iPhone Backups
- Keychain Recovery
- Passcode Recovery
Compatible Devices and Platforms:
- 64-bit iOS devices with jailbreak: physical acquisition (file system extraction, keychain decryption)
- Apple TV 4 (cable connection) and Apple TV 4K (wireless connection through Xcode, Mac only)
- Apple Watch (all generations); requires a third-party IBUS adapter
- No jailbreak: advanced logical acquisition only 
Logical acquisition includes:
- Extended information about the device
- iTunes-format backup (includes many keychain items)
- List of installed apps
- Media files (even if the backup is password-protected)
- Shared files (even if the backup is password-protected)